Ah, first things, I’d like to thank the lovely Ann from Rainbows are too beautiful for nominating me for the Liebster Awards!
Now, don’t you start thinking about red carpets and acceptance speeches, as the Liebster Awards are all about spreading the love in the blogging community and getting to know each other a bit better, which is brilliant!
The way it works is that the blogger who is nominated has to answer the 11 questions they are given from the previous blogger (the one who nominated them) and provide a new set of 11 new questions for any bloggers that they nominate.
If you want to read Ann’s answers to her own set of questions, please head over to her fantastic blog!
So here are the simple rules of the Liebster Awards:
1) Say hi to the person sweet enough to want to know more about you – and display your award with pride;
2) Answer the eleven questions the gives you;
3) Give eleven random facts about yourself;
4) Nominate some other people that you think are deserving of this award;
5) Let them know you have nominated them;
6) Give them eleven questions to answer.
And here are the questions that Ann asked me – and my answers!
1. Where did you go on your first date?
Ehm. This is really embarrassing, I know. But the truth is that I don’t really remember! I remember us going out to this club in London (don’t ask me which one or where – I’m absolutely horrible with names!) As that’s the time that really stands out as the first time we went out on our own without our mutual group of friends, it must be it!
2. Where did you go on your last date? (Pssst, can you remember your last date?)
Actually, if this counts, I’ll tell you about the last time we went out together alone and without the children. It was in December (2016). My parents were staying with us for a visit, so we went out to this bar in London. It’s called Redemption Bar, and it’s a vegan, alcohol-free place. They have a great website, and The Husband had heard from it from someone at work, so we decided to give it a go. We are not vegan, but we don’t drink, so we were hoping that a place that doesn’t serve alcohol had lots of really good mocktails for us to try.
It turns out that with the place being vegan, the mocktails were… well, different. I think we’re going to stick to the usual places we go to next time!
3. Do you know any children with special educational needs?
Ann says: you may be surprised to know that around 15% of children need extra support in school and nearly 3% have an EHCP that gives them even extra help. That means in a class of 30, four children will need more support and one may need a lot more.
I don’t know any personally, actually. I can think of a couple, who are children of acquaintances or friends of friends, but I can’t think of any in my immediate circle of friends of relatives. The statistics Ann provided speak for themselves though – this means that in both my sons’ classes, there should be at least 5 children who need more support, and I just don’t know about them. This also means I see their mums outside the class at drop off and pick up, and it’s quite sad that this doesn’t ever come up in conversation?
4. Have you ever met anyone with autism?
Ann says: In theory if you know 100 people then you may know at least one with autism, but it doesn’t quite work that way. Particularly the case if you work as only 32% of autistic adults are in any kind of paid work.
Again, not directly, or not that I’m aware of.
5. Wine/beer/coke or water?
I don’t drink, so definitely no wine or beer – I know, I just don’t like the taste of them, and considering I’m Italian and lived in Italy until my early twenties, I’ve always felt like a bit of an alien. When I go out it’s coke. Since my pregnancies and getting horrible heartburn with coke, I only have it at birthday parties and when going out. Otherwise, I really try and be good and have water.
6. Starbucks or Costa?
Starbucks all the way!!! Tall caramel latte, please.
7. Favourite toast topping?
Butter and strawberry jam.
Oh no, wait. Peanut butter.
Actually no. Nutella.
Oh… just all of the above, please!
8. Favourite chocolate bar?
After careful consideration (I mean, how long can you really spend thinking about a chocolate bar?!) – Crunchie! It was actually my first love when I discovered it on my first trip to the UK all those years ago.
9. Most disliked item of clothing?
Growing up, tights. I HATED the things. I remember my mum making me wear them, especially for school, and they were so itchy and uncomfortable, and they’d break so easily. Just ugh! I do own a few now, as I love my boots, and sometimes I get bored of leggings and skinny jeans, but I still don’t get on well at all with them! To my mum’s dismay, you’ll often find me in tracksuit bottoms (or loungewear, which seems fancier) or in jeans! All. The. Time.
10. Flats or heels?
I used to be really good with heels, especially at work. That was before children though. Since children, it’s not just flats. It’s trainers! Or comfy boots. I know… I’m such a girly girl (NOT!)
11. Best place you’ve been on holiday with the kids (I’m fishing for ideas)?
I had to think about this one too (although far less than the chocolate bar question), but it has to be Malta. We went twice – in 2014 and back in 2016. The first time we stayed in a resort, and the second time we stayed in an apart-hotel. It was great because we had our own kitchen, which, with 3 children, is a blessing, unless you are ok for them to eat chips and crisps for a week or so. It’s a beautiful island – it’s small enough for you to easily walk around, it feels safe, they have a lot of Italian restaurants (good for me!), they speak English (good for everyone!), the sea is absolutely beautiful, and they have the cutest playgrounds. We went on a few exploration trips by boat and both times visited the aquarium. It’s a great little island to visit!
And now my questions for the ones I nominate:
- When and why did you start your blog?
- What would you say is the best thing about your blog? Why are you proud of it?
- Do you have a role model in the blogging world? What do you like and admire about them?
- What’s your most favourite post, ever, and why?
- What’s your motto or favourite quote?
- What are the 3 things you can’t live without?
- If money wasn’t an issue and ‘real life’ didn’t get in the way, where would you like to live and why?
- Snow – love or hate? Why?
- Where’s the best place you’ve been on holidays?
- Do you find time to look after yourself? What’s the self-care activity that re-charges you the most?
- If you could pick one thing (to do or to buy) that you think would improve your life, what would that be?
And the bloggers I would like to nominate for the Liebster Awards are (drum rolls please):
Amy from Amy & Tots
Lisa from Pass the Prosecco… Please
Roxanne from Every Cloud, Mummy
and Natasha from Mummy and Moose.
Looking forward to reading your answers ladies!