***THE COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED***
As no one guessed the 3 facts, the prize will be rolled over to the next competition! Keep your eyes peeled for a new Spy the Lie competition in 2017!
Somehow it’s the end of November, so for a little bit of light entertainment as we enter December and the Festive Season, here’s a game of Spy the Lie (I think I might have made the name up!), which is something I normally play with my eldest to try and get him to tell me something about his day at school.
When he gets home I ask him to tell me 3 things about his day – 2 must be true, and one must be ‘not true’ (technically, we don’t call it ‘a lie’). It’s the only way I get to find out a little something about his day, really!
So here are 21 jumbled up (and quite random) things about me, my life or my family – 3 of them are NOT TRUE!
How to play
- Comment below please and state which 3 facts you think are NOT TRUE – no comments on social media please. Only comments made here will be considered, so I can keep track of them in one place.
- The first person who guesses the 3 facts that are not true gets a £10 Amazon voucher directly to their email – and this is not a lie!
- You’re allowed a maximum of 2 entries each – if you guess some right on your first go, I will tell you how many, and you have a chance to change some answers if you want to give it another go.
- Competition will close at midnight on the 23rd December 2016.
- If no one has guessed the 3 facts correctly, the prize will remain unclaimed (and rolled over to the next competition!)
- The Husband is not allowed to play.
Go, go, go!
- The midwife who assisted me during the birth of my eldest son was male, and his name was Willy John
- I am a HUGE Friends fan!
- I once told someone (in all seriousness) about meeting up: “If you see me there… that’s where I am”
- We have just caught the mouse we had in the house
- Last year I spent Christmas in Sardegna, Italy
- When I recently had surgery on my leg, just before the anaesthetists did their thing, I negotiated with them to have the cannula insterted in my left hand, rather than my right hand, so I could continue using my phone
- The Husband once sent me a text that read: “I’m on my way home, but I need to go out and pick up half a bike”
- When I was young, I tried to play the saxophone and the piano (I no longer play either)
- A few years ago I got 3 points deducted from my drivers license for driving at 41 mph
- The furthest I have been from the UK is Cape Town
- English isn’t my first language
- We spent our honeymoon in Los Angeles and Hawaii
- I don’t drink alcohol
- I don’t like fruit-based chocolate (strawberry chocolate, orange chocolate etc.)
- All my sons have the same first name (we use their second names instead of their first names)
- Growing up I had a chinchilla as a pet
- When I had my bus accident, the bus driver called an ambulance on the account of a 22-year-old woman who got hurt. I’m slightly older than 22 though.
- My youngest son was born at home
- I am slightly obsessed with keeping my house tidy
- All my sons were born on the same week day, on Mondays
- I am useless on land, but I am a good swimmer.