***THE COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED***
As no one guessed the 3 facts, the prize will be rolled over to the next competition! Keep your eyes peeled for a new Spy the Lie competition in 2017!
Somehow it’s the end of November, so for a little bit of light entertainment as we enter December and the Festive Season, here’s a game of Spy the Lie (I think I might have made the name up!), which is something I normally play with my eldest to try and get him to tell me something about his day at school.
When he gets home I ask him to tell me 3 things about his day – 2 must be true, and one must be ‘not true’ (technically, we don’t call it ‘a lie’). It’s the only way I get to find out a little something about his day, really!
So here are 21 jumbled up (and quite random) things about me, my life or my family – 3 of them are NOT TRUE!
How to play
- Comment below please and state which 3 facts you think are NOT TRUE – no comments on social media please. Only comments made here will be considered, so I can keep track of them in one place.
- The first person who guesses the 3 facts that are not true gets a £10 Amazon voucher directly to their email – and this is not a lie!
- You’re allowed a maximum of 2 entries each – if you guess some right on your first go, I will tell you how many, and you have a chance to change some answers if you want to give it another go.
- Competition will close at midnight on the 23rd December 2016.
- If no one has guessed the 3 facts correctly, the prize will remain unclaimed (and rolled over to the next competition!)
- The Husband is not allowed to play.
Go, go, go!
- The midwife who assisted me during the birth of my eldest son was male, and his name was Willy John
- I am a HUGE Friends fan!
- I once told someone (in all seriousness) about meeting up: “If you see me there… that’s where I am”
- We have just caught the mouse we had in the house
- Last year I spent Christmas in Sardegna, Italy
- When I recently had surgery on my leg, just before the anaesthetists did their thing, I negotiated with them to have the cannula insterted in my left hand, rather than my right hand, so I could continue using my phone
- The Husband once sent me a text that read: “I’m on my way home, but I need to go out and pick up half a bike”
- When I was young, I tried to play the saxophone and the piano (I no longer play either)
- A few years ago I got 3 points deducted from my drivers license for driving at 41 mph
- The furthest I have been from the UK is Cape Town
- English isn’t my first language
- We spent our honeymoon in Los Angeles and Hawaii
- I don’t drink alcohol
- I don’t like fruit-based chocolate (strawberry chocolate, orange chocolate etc.)
- All my sons have the same first name (we use their second names instead of their first names)
- Growing up I had a chinchilla as a pet
- When I had my bus accident, the bus driver called an ambulance on the account of a 22-year-old woman who got hurt. I’m slightly older than 22 though.
- My youngest son was born at home
- I am slightly obsessed with keeping my house tidy
- All my sons were born on the same week day, on Mondays
- I am useless on land, but I am a good swimmer.
1.The midwife who assisted me during the birth of my eldest son was male, and his name was Willy John.
2.The furthest I have been from the UK is Cape Town
3.Growing up I had a chinchilla as a pet
Thank you for taking part! These 3 are all true Toyin! Have another go! 😉
6,9 and 15 are false?
This is a good game to play! #bloggersclubUK
Thank for playing – 6,9 and 15 are all true! 😉
Here it goes…… This is not as easy as I thought:-)
4, 12 and 17?
You got one right Laila! 🙂 Thank you for playing – made me happy! x
Ok then 9 21 7
Thank you for playing Naomi! I can tell you 7, 9 and 21 are all true though. One of Laila’s guesses was right – she got one untrue fact… You can try again 😉
I love this game…tell me, how did I do??? Oh and before I get totally carried away, thank you so much for linking up to my christmas special linky, I’m so pleased to read your posts.
You did REALLY well Mainy – you got 2 right! But one of these is true. Do you want to give it a second go? The £10 voucher is nearly yours! Very exciting!
ok, I’ve been looking at some more of your post now and trying to work this one out……this has highlighted my own need to problem solve over the need to go to sleep! I think that its 12, 20, and 19. My fingers are firmly crossed!:)
Aaargh! 19 is sadly also true! (Sadly for me, because I give myself a lot of unnecessary work and heartache, with #19) I so wanted you to win! Maybe I can tweak the rules and give you another go on the basis that I’m loving the detective work you’ve been doing!? 😉
My guess is 4, 8 and 13! I hope I win!
Unfortunately 4, 8 and 13 are all true… But Mainy (just before you) guessed 2 correctly! Why don’t you have a snoop around the other comments and give it another go? 😉
I love this game – here we go…..12, 20 and 18 Were you brave enough to have a baby at home, thats the question I am wondering!:)
He he – I’m glad that classifies me as brave in your eyes! But indeed, he was definitely born at home – in the bathroom to be exact! Thank you so much for playing! I’ll make sure I run another one in a few months and invite you to play! 🙂