Last updated and Effective From Date: 10th May 2018
How your information is collected and used
When you use my website, there are a number of ways in which you provide information and other data to me. By using my website, you consent to me processing and collecting this data, on the terms and for the reasons which are explained below.
Information you provide to me
I collect and store personal information that you voluntarily supply to me online while using my website in the event that you have either signed up to receive my free newsletter or have requested one of my free digital products, as offered on my website (for example, a free eBook, a PDF, infographic or similar).
The information I collect from you, the data subject, is limited to your First Name and Email Address and is provided freely to me by you.
I may collect and process this information in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations and send you (using the email address you provided) the free digital product (as offered on my website) that you freely and openly signed up for and requested from us when you entered your First Name and Email Address into my website.
- To send you my weekly newsletter. Please note that I will only send you my bi-weekly newsletter if you give me your explicit consent to be added to my mailing list. To help you make an informed decision, I can confirm that my weekly newsletter (generally sent out on a Monday) will contain value-based information (including links to my own content, published on this website or elsewhere) and, occasionally, it may contain offers of products or services that I believe you will be interested in. Should the schedule and order of communication change, I will inform you of these changes in my emails to you. Please note that you have the right to opt out of my newsletter at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe link that you can find at the bottom (footer) of each email. Alternatively, you can contact me directly by email at email@example.com to inform me that you wish to be removed from my email list.
- To contact you directly (using the email address you provided) through my email provider of choice (Gmail), in case you filled in one of the Contact Forms (see here) on my website.
Information I collect about you
In order to improve the content I provide to my users, I use Google Analytics on my website. This means that when you visit my website, some information about you is automatically collected and stored, and I can access this information via my Google Analytics account. This information includes but is not limited to the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, the pages you viewed, the length of your visit etc.
I use this information to:
- Improve the delivery of my web pages to you.
- Measure traffic on my website.
Whilst I may regularly access this information, I do not share it with anyone else.
Comments on blog posts
If you leave a comment on my website, at the bottom of one of my posts, your name may be publicly displayed on my website. However, your email address will only be visible to me. I will not be using your email address for any reason. My website (operated by WordPress) collects stores your email address on a secure server behind a firewall. If I wish to reply to your comment, I will do so publicly – on my website – and not by using the email address you provided when you left your comment.
If you interact with me on social media, I will be able to receive and interact with the username you use on that specific platform.
Sharing your information with third parties
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your personal information available for viewing by third parties online, for example by commenting on any of the blog posts published on my website, you acknowledge that that information can be seen, collected and used by others besides me. I cannot be responsible for any unauthorised third-party use of such information.
I will only share your information (as set out above, both information that you provide to me and that I automatically collect about you) with selected third parties.
- Mail Chimp, my email service provider, which stores the First Name and Email Address you provide to me.
- Gmail, which I use to contact you directly, whenever you have filled in one of my Contact forms and sent me a message.
- Google Analytics, which help me evaluate the performance of my website as well as the user experience I provide you.
Please note that I will never sell your personal information to any unauthorised third party.
Affiliates and external websites
You also acknowledge that while we will strive to protect your personal data, the transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure, and I cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to my site during transmission stage. By entering your personal data into my website you acknowledge that any transmission over the internet is at your own risk.
If you have agreed to being contacted by email through my weekly newsletter, I will retain this information in my email marketing provider (Mail Chimp) until you ask to be removed from my newsletter list. You have the right to opt out from email communication at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe link that you can find at the bottom of every email I send you.
Disclosure of your information
I may disclose your personal information to third parties, including companies and organisations in connection with fraud protection and credit risk reduction, in the following circumstances:
- To any prospective seller or buyer of all (or part of) my business or assets, in case I decided to sell my website.
- If I am required to do so by law, any applicable regulation or to protect the rights, property or safety of myself or others.
Access to your information
You have the right under the Data Protection Act to access the information which I hold about you.
Please send any requests by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Sara Bussandri (Mind your Mamma), Apt 21339, Chynoweth House, Trevissome Park, Truro, TR4 8UN, United Kingdom:
- You wish to exercise the right to access the information I hold about you.
- You do not wish for me to process your information anymore.
- You believe the information I hold about you is incorrect or obsolete.
- You want to raise a complaint about how I have handled your information and would like the matter investigated.